Today was wrought with great discoveries.
I discovered that Boyfriend Hipster is wonderful to Christmas shop with, found the perfect gift for the Parentals, and explored the contents of our fridge to create the perfect pizza. Because it is the season of giving, it's about time to share this fabulous recipe with you. All the ingredients are of Canadian origin, except for the olives. I whipped this up in half an hour.
- 1 Pre-made Flat Bread (I used PC)
- 1 Tb Spoon Butter
- 1/2 Onion, thickly sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tb spoon Maple Syrup
- 3 Tb spoons Soft Goat's Cheese (Chev)
- 1 Fillet of Smoked Salmon
- 1/4 of a Red Pepper, thinly sliced
- 5-8 Olives, pitted and split in half
- 2 Tb Spoons of Feta
- 1 Splash of Balsamic Vinegar
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 Degrees (or according to the instructions on the package).
2. Using a medium sized skillet, melt Butter on medium high. When butter is bubbling, add Onions and Garlic. Stir often. When onions and garlic begin to brown, pour in Maple Syrup. Turn down heat, cooking mixture until the onions are supple.
3. Using the back of a spoon, evenly spread Goat's Cheese on the Flat Bread. Pull pieces off the Smoked Salmon Fillet (I just used my hands), and layer on pizza. Layer all other ingredients, crumbling the Feta last. Bake until cheese is melted, about 11 minutes.
4. Finish with a splash of Balsamic Vinegar.
Tis the season for a fashionably bigger belly,